Last updated: 2020-12-01
There are new rules for using the space, that you must adhere to (effective immediately, until further notice):
- You must have a mask on you when in the space, and wear it when you cannot stay more than 1.5m away from others.
- If you have cold and flu symptoms, you cannot come into the space.
- You must sign in and out when using the space using the notepad near the front door.
- While the actual person limit is now about 50 due to our floor space, the actual usable (desk) space means it is closer to 20. The committee member in charge will be responsible for determining if the space is getting crowded, and priority goes to paid casual members during casual hours, and full-timers at other times.
- It is up to you, as a user of the space, to clean surfaces you use, and tools you use. We will provide wipes (for surfaces) and spray (for tools etc that are harder to clean). Cleaning must be at the start and end of your usage.
- This applies to the kitchen too. Every dish or surface you use needs to be immediately washed.
- This applies to the bathrooms too. Please ensure you leave a clean bathroom behind you.
- Must maintain the 1.5m distance from other members not from the same family.
- If you are a full time member, you are welcome to stay during casual hours, however casuals have "right of way" during those times.
This frees up equipment for casuals who otherwise have restricted hours to use the space. For example, please do not start long 3D prints that will go over casual hours.
- Use common sense, remembering we are in a pandemic and if an outbreak occurs in the space, we might have to shut again for quite a while.
- You can use your tub to store stuff, but if it doesn't fit in the tub, it must be taken home with you. This includes your BYO filament, plywood and other tools or materials.
- Absolute clean desk policy applies. If you leave something on the desk, consider it gone.
- Please don't put food waste in the bins for now, which will save us having to change them as often.
- We will be putting things like computer keyboards and the super nintendo away. If you don't need to use these, please don't for now (obviously you'll need a keyboard for the slicing computer etc). Put things back after you have taken them out please.
- Consider bringing your own keyboard and mouse, plugging it in and taking it with you.
- No more than 5 people playing wind instruments at the same time.